Hospital volunteers provide a variety of services to Cheyenne Regional Medical Center on a daily basis. Our flexible program has many options for those interested in giving back to the community. Whatever your interest or availability, we can find a project suited for you!
We ask volunteers to commit to 25 hours a year to our flexible projects. You can contribute on a routine weekday schedule or assist with occasional or seasonal projects.
Click here for our volunteer newsletter.
If you are interested in volunteering during the week, you may be interested in one of the following areas:
- Waiting Room Host/Hostess - Duties may include offering refreshments, stocking the room with current magazines and escorting patients to another area.
- Information Desk - Volunteers welcome and direct visitors to their destinations.
- The Pink Boutique Gift Shop - Volunteers help visitors and employees with their choices of gifts and sundries while staffing the shop.
- Receptionists - Home Away From Home is a program that provides sleeping rooms for out-of-town family members of hospitalized patients. Volunteers staff the reception desk to assist guests with registration, explain safety guidelines and help welcome overnight guests by stocking guest baskets and prepping rooms for new guests.
- Library - Books are available in the solarium on the 9th floor.
If you cannot volunteer on a consistent basis, there are other opportunities. Volunteers can help with various clerical and administrative requests, including updating the organization's scrapbooks. Volunteers also act as greeters and help with registration for hospital events.
- Breakfast with Santa - Come interact with children of all ages! We prepare for more than 250 children and their families to spend a Saturday morning in December with Santa. Volunteers help serve breakfast.
- Holiday Gift Wrap - Volunteers are needed to help wrap gifts from the day after Thanksgiving through Christmas Eve. This is the hospital's largest off-site fundraiser. Volunteers make bows, wrap gifts and staff the booth at the Frontier Mall.
- Health and Wellness Expo - Volunteers serve as greeters and registrars and help hand out results of health screenings in sealed envelopes at this community event.